Thursday, March 17, 2011

BFF!

Who is your BFF-Best Fictional Friend? 


I was so excited to have the chance to see this amazing painting by Botticelli, Primavera, which hangs in the Uffizi museum in Florence, Italy. (Although there was that little incident where my husband lost me at the Uffizi. I clearly said, "I'll wait right here for you," which he somehow interpreted as me saying: "I'm going to go down those three sets of stairs, through a museum shop, past the security guard and out the green door." All's well that ends well...and with a glass of vino!)

This significance of this painting is the central theme to the historical fiction novel, The Botticelli Secret by Marina Fiorato, and introduced me to one of my BFFs, Luciana Vetra. As much as I loved reading this book, I also lamented that I will never be able to write like that!

I'm also thoroughly entertained by Isabel Spellman (thanks Lisa Lutz!), all of the Walsh sisters (PLEASE friend me, Marian Keyes!) and I have a new BFF, India Black, (courtesy of the wonderful Carol Carr!).

Who's your BFF?


No comments:

Post a Comment